Monday 21 April 2014

My Etsy Wishlist

It’s worth bearing in mind that I will be doing one of these every now and then, as there is so much for history buffs on Etsy! Here are a few of my ‘wants’ at the moment:

Tower of London Raven necklace:


For those who like bling with a difference, this necklace is a really unusual find. And it’s in the sale for just £5! It features a raven, in line with the saying "If the Tower of London ravens are lost or fly away, the Crown will fall and Britain with it":


Book on the Nobility (Vintage 1800’s):


Sadly this one is a bit of a guilty pleasure…. I’m seduced by the lovely front cover. This book is on the nobility and their castles. Although it’s a bit expensive, I would say this is a nice little addition to a bookshelf, as it’s fully illustrated:


Recycled Iron doorstop from 1900’s:


I can just imagine this propping open one of my doors! I’m not entirely sold on the union jack flat side, but the rest of it is pure vintage:


Anne Boleyn inspired earrings:


I’ve mentioned this little shop before, but I think these earrings are beautiful and nicely inspired by the period. Anne Boleyn doesn’t seem as happy in the picture though:


Vinyl Bowl:


These are incredibly easy to make yourself (just get an unloved record and pop it into the microwave, you can then mould it as you want!) so this is more for inspiration. It’s such a great bowl for nibbles or anything else you can think of:


“Team….” Badges:


I LOVE these! Although you might get the odd look/punch here and there, you can show your support for key historical figures. So worth it! Got a thing for Richard III? Can’t get enough of Eleanor of Aquitaine? They’re all here:


Jane Austen Travel Journal:


I always include something Austen related in these lists, just because it’s usually gems that are inspired by the regency period. This one is no different, as it’s a Jane Austen inspired journal that looks like the inner front page of her books:


Edible sugar doilies:


I like to think of these as Victorian inspired…? You can put these doilies in a cup of tea and they sit at the top until they dissolve. It’s almost worth starting to drink sugary tea for!!


No comments:

Post a Comment