Thursday 5 June 2014

So I've got a Kindle

It's fair to say I have officially crossed over to 'the dark side', and have got a Kindle! Well, to be precise, my amazing dad listened patiently to my complaints about a bad back (from lugging those history books around) and the next day a Kindle appeared in the post from him! I am very lucky :)

I felt this post was necessary, as there are still lots of people against the idea of e-books. Here is the Kindle in action...on my table....



It's available from Amazon (although there are other versions available) and is relatively cheap compared to other tablets. 

So what's the deal? The Kindle allows you to download several books onto one device, easily swipe from page to page and gives you no backache whatsoever:


It's actually a lot cheaper for some books, although I'm sure there are a few not available in digital form. The screen is great, it's not too bright but it certainly isn't a book:





As a history lover, I'm torn. I love my books to bits, but this is such a handy way during a commute to read heavy books! For the moment, I'm happy to alternate between both.

What do you think? Have you ever had a Kindle before?

1 comment:

  1. I love my kindle! We have a pretty tiny place so I have found this really helpful to avoid cluttering up the place with too many books and am trying to make my actual book collection a bit smaler, only keeping the ones I really love, classics etc, preferably all in hardback, then I can get the "cheaper" books I'm more likely yo just read the one time on the kindle :)

    ReplyDelete