Thursday 12 June 2014

Some blogs to check out

Before I started this blog, it was my job to contact and keep an eye on the blogging world (fashion and beauty PR daarrling). Despite this, I always felt like I had never fully explored other kinds of blogs, particularly anything to do with history.

What I’ve found is that there are blogs about anything and everything (as is very much the case with mine), and a good way of exploring is by clicking through a bloggers ‘blog roll’ or side ads. For the history-obsessed, most historians have a blog of some kind and Museums have their own blogs too…keep your eyes peeled for an upcoming post on this!

Below are some of my absolute favourites at the moment. I’ve tried to keep them relevant, but some are just because they’re generally fab:




This website is the holy grail for anyone who wants to write, but doesn’t have the confidence yet. I’ve written a few pieces on history, but I’m also a part of their ‘Secret Book Club’, where you get sent a book in the post at random and then once you’ve read it you write a review. This site is getting steadily more popular, and to my surprise, someone I am working with writes for it too! Small World! It’s not just about the writing though, the articles are usually full of fun and interesting pieces from history.



For those of you who don’t know, I am trying to (loosely) follow the Paleo diet. I actually love this blog because it’s very new and the photography is beautiful. I need to do a post to explain how Paleo is relevant to my blog, but in the meantime, why not try a recipe?



I had the pleasure of advertising on this blog a few weeks back, and I can’t stop reading it since. It’s full of vintage and wonderful photography, and will lead you on to many more of her friends (cup-and-saucer, thoroughly English etc)



Another rarity in the blogging world; a blog entirely dedicated to Museums! This lovely blog focuses on exhibitions and experiences in Museums that are mostly geared towards families (she also did a fantastic series about her collections cleaning course at the Museum of London). The author of this blog has an autistic child, and so is half blogger, half campaigner. A true inspiration!




You really thought I could resist? The daily musings and activities of the woman who has the world’s most sought-after job: head curator at Historic Royal Palaces!


I love to crochet, as it adds so much charm to a home/presents/life, and this blog is the perfect place to learn how to do it. The tutorials on this blog are some of the clearest out there.



Only for the hardcore medieval lovers out there. Medievalists.net is a community for medieval historians, which regularly posts on bits of history that are absolutely fascinating. My current favourite is on the history of beer brewing!




Finally, here is a travel blog that makes me seethe with envy. If you can think of a place in London, I guarantee you this blog has covered it. Warning: you will be scrolling through for hours, it’s addictive.


What about you? Let me know in the comments what your blog is called and I’ll have a nosey ;)

1 comment:

  1. Aw thank you so much for including me. I'm going to check all of those blogs out!! I spent all of yesterday in museums. I thought you would appreciate that :D

    Jenny | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete