Sunday 15 June 2014

Vintage-style home!

Here is the second post armed with my new camera. I've been wanting to do an interiors post for a while, and a few weekends ago I finally got the chance...

My aunt has the most impeccable taste in decorating, and its the perfect example of how you can put history into your home without it looking like a museum!

She has about 6 full tea sets/dinner services, but here is an example of how to keep them out without the pressure of having to use them.


Now the kitchen is Country Living/Antiques perfection. It's full of floral china all from the same company, which can be found online (Ebay etc) or at antique fairs. However, be careful not to go overboard!


There is also a mix of old-fashioned kitchen bits, which are purely decorative but a lovely touch:



The greatest tip my aunt gave me was to always put things in groups of threes. Apparently it was a florist who told her this, but it applies to anything. Not great if you're into symmetry...




At times, it branches out to more than three and becomes a full group. Here is her collection of lilac glass, and can be both old and new pieces so nothing is ruled out!



Some more pieces I have my eye on....





And of course, no country home would be right without a cat:




What about you? Any tips for a vintage-style home?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment